Saturday, July 22, 2006

Monster House



Monster House...

This movie was great. I enjoyed it. The house is possessed by someone... or something... you'll have to watch and find out, but I'll let my kids' reaction to it be my review. My son is seven. The first 20 minutes he spent hiding under the dashboard of the van and on occasion would pop up just enough so his eyes could see the movie. (Drive-In theatre in my area)... He eventually made it back to the seat, where he teetered between curled up and scared to watching it openingly.

He voiced concern that he'd have a nightmare and I told him... he'd be okay, we were watching the second movie which wouldn't be scary and he'd forget about how frightened he was with Monster House... it worked. Also what set his mind at ease was reminding him he had seen the commercials for many of scariest parts of the movie. The "frights" start fast. My eldest, age 12, enjoyed it too, but she often analyzes movies as they flow, once she decided she wasn't going to "freak" out, she settled and enjoyed it as did the middle child, age 11.

I doubt I'll purchase this movie, but I am glad I watched it. It ha a Tim Burton feel, but it is done by Steven Spielberg and another person.

No comments: